Beginning Wednesday April 27, 2011 and running each Wednesday evening (6:30-9:30pm), the Bayside, Fox Point and River Hills Police Departments will be holding a joint Citizens Police Academy. The purpose of the academy is to provide information to our citizens and people who work here about the Police Department and police activities in general. One Saturday morning class is scheduled as well.
Classes are held at one of the three departments each week and taught by several of our Law Enforcement professionals in areas including: traffic stops evidence collection, defense and arrest tactics and firearms training. You will also ride along with an officer to get an even better understanding of the training received.
Applications are available at each department and may be picked up during normal business hours. Openings are still available. With a maximum participation of fifteen people. A background check will be completed on participants. To qualify:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicant must be a Bayside, Fox Point, or River Hills resident, property owner, do a majority of their work, or active member of a social organization in the listed communities.
- Applicant must have no felony convictions.
- Applicant, or their immediate family, must not be under investigation for criminal activity.
- Applicant, or their immediate family, must have no pending or active, criminal or municipal court cases with Bayside, Fox Point or River Hills.
If you would like further information please contact: Lieutenant Tom Henkel (Bayside) 414-351-8800, Officer John Adamaitis (Fox Point) 414-351-8911 or Sergeant Michael Gaynor (River Hills) 414-247-2302.