A 21-year-old Mequon man was sentenced Friday to life in prison for executing his parents in the family's home last year, a crime he said Friday "didn't really make anything better."
Dennis Markov told the court that he and his parents had a lot of arguments and fights as he grew up. "I decided to make that day the last time we'd argue," he said.
Looking for a new pup?
Meet Hadley, a 2-year-old Chocolate Labrador Retriever!
Hadley came to us from another shelter, and she was in pretty bad shape. Her mouth was causing her terrible pain, and an x-ray revealed that there was a BB stuck in Hadley's jaw. She had been SHOT!
The Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) has launched a new “virtual re-homing” service for people seeking a new home for their animal. The Pets Seeking People page of the WHS web site features a listing of animals in the Milwaukee area who are in need of new homes. These animals are not in the WHS shelter, but are instead in their current homes until they find new guardians.
“We understand that people are sometimes faced with circumstances in which they can no longer keep their animal, but they prefer to find their companion a new home on their own. We are excited to offer this new free service to them, which also frees up more space in the shelter for animals who don’t already have an advocate,” said Angela Speed, director of community relations and development at WHS.
24-hour adoption event kicks off Saturday morning at Wisconsin Humane Society
- FREE gifts for all adopters
- Kids crafts & scavenger hunt
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua will be shown FREE for families at 7:00 p.m. Saturday
- Puppy Pajama Parade – begins Saturday night at 10:10 p.m. sharp
- Wii/Just Dance Tournament begins at 11:00 p.m.
- Anyone adopting in pajamas 1:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m. receives a 25% adoption discount
- CJ Astro will be hosting DOGA (yoga w/your dog) at 8:00 a.m. Sunday; FREE registration