Mequon — A new miniature golf course will bring additional activity to the Missing Links Golf Course and Driving Range.
Approved last week by the Planning Commission, the 18-hole miniature golf course will be part of what owner Peter Epperson calls a new generation of miniature golf.
"It will be theme-based, maybe a fishing, port type of them," he said. Epperson said there will be lots of waterfalls, rock work, landscaping and different colored turf to represent sand traps.
The miniature course complements the nine-hole, par-3 golf course and driving range at the site.
Plenty goes on at Missing Links, including golf lessons that start with 4-year-olds, and groomed trails for cross country skiing and a pond hockey tournament during the winter.
"We have been named a top teaching center by the Golf Course Owners of Wisconsin," Epperson said.
It was also named in the top 100 golf ranges by the Golf Range Association of America, he said.
The plan calls for the addition of a three-season porch with a deck on top that can be used for everything form birthday parties to corporate outings.
Epperson said the new miniature course will be built partly on an existing green. The plan includes building a new and larger putting green and moving the first tee for the golf course to the south. There are 35 acres at Missing Links, providing ample space for the expansion.
He expects to begin the additions in either September 2011 or 2012, he said.
Missing Links is located at 12950 N. Port Washington Road.
- Mary Buckley
- 'Visionary leader' in Mequon receives Prevent Blindness Wisconsin's SEER award
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- SeaWorld grants interview with Mequon student on orcas for paper (1)
- Demond Means resigns as commissioner of the Opportunity Schools and Partnership Program (1)
- Derosier enters not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016