The Thiensville-Mequon Rotary Foundation will purchase and install acoustic panels at the Reuter Pavilion at Rotary Park. The pavilion is the site of several annual community events, including Gathering on the Green, Lobsterfest and the Thiensville-Mequon Lions Club shrimp dinner.
The sound quality within the pavilion is poor and there is an echo. The pavilion has block walls and a concrete floor which don't absorb sound.
The panels themselves will cost $6,678.
Because of the amount of the donation, the city had to approve the project which it did on Tuesday.
The foundation previously donated money to install similar panels at the Sommer Pavilion at River Barn Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon passes wild animal ban
- Mequon Common Council critical of DOT projects
- Election update
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Back to the drawing board on Mequon's gateway
- Withdrawal still an option as Glendale awaits formula votes
- Less bang for the bucks: Mequon council aims for doe-only deer culling
- Thiensville man cited after hurrying to get hamburgers home to wife
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 9