The Thiensville-Mequon Rotary Foundation will purchase and install acoustic panels at the Reuter Pavilion at Rotary Park. The pavilion is the site of several annual community events, including Gathering on the Green, Lobsterfest and the Thiensville-Mequon Lions Club shrimp dinner.
The sound quality within the pavilion is poor and there is an echo. The pavilion has block walls and a concrete floor which don't absorb sound.
The panels themselves will cost $6,678.
Because of the amount of the donation, the city had to approve the project which it did on Tuesday.
The foundation previously donated money to install similar panels at the Sommer Pavilion at River Barn Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- WWII veteran recalls German prison camp
- Mequon-Thiensville residents authorize land sale
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Referendum among proposed solutions to school district's financial woes
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Cafe Hollander will anchor Mequon Town Center
- North Shore Police Report: June 19