The Thiensville-Mequon Rotary Foundation will purchase and install acoustic panels at the Reuter Pavilion at Rotary Park. The pavilion is the site of several annual community events, including Gathering on the Green, Lobsterfest and the Thiensville-Mequon Lions Club shrimp dinner.
The sound quality within the pavilion is poor and there is an echo. The pavilion has block walls and a concrete floor which don't absorb sound.
The panels themselves will cost $6,678.
Because of the amount of the donation, the city had to approve the project which it did on Tuesday.
The foundation previously donated money to install similar panels at the Sommer Pavilion at River Barn Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Prank call reported alleged shooting prompts closure of Range Line Road, three schools Jan. 25
- Prank call about shooting sends 3 Mequon schools into 'lock down' mode
- Huey Lewis coming to Mequon's Gathering on the Green festival (2)