The Common Council agreed to a zoning change and more that will allow Spectrum Investment Advisors to build a Prairie-style office building on the corner of Mequon Road and Industrial Drive.
Spectrum will move its offices into the majority of the 11,500-square-foot building, carving out a small 1,000 square-foot tenant space. The business is now located on Donges Bay Road.
The site for the new building is part of a larger development, Brewery Square, that was approved but never built after the economy hit hard times in 2009.
The city will also spend $450,000 to bury utilities around the street side perimeter of the Brewery Square site, along Buntrock Avenue, Mequon Road and Industrial Drive. The area is part of the Town Center, which is in a tax incremental financing district. The city borrowed $2.3 million to buy utilities as part of the project plan.
The city also agreed to create four on-street parking spaces on Industrial Drive and install the streetscaping planned for the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Referendum among proposed solutions to school district's financial woes
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Cafe Hollander will anchor Mequon Town Center
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- Hackett award recognizes inclusion at Donges Bay
- Farmers markets start cropping up
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- In Brief: June 12