The Common Council agreed to a zoning change and more that will allow Spectrum Investment Advisors to build a Prairie-style office building on the corner of Mequon Road and Industrial Drive.
Spectrum will move its offices into the majority of the 11,500-square-foot building, carving out a small 1,000 square-foot tenant space. The business is now located on Donges Bay Road.
The site for the new building is part of a larger development, Brewery Square, that was approved but never built after the economy hit hard times in 2009.
The city will also spend $450,000 to bury utilities around the street side perimeter of the Brewery Square site, along Buntrock Avenue, Mequon Road and Industrial Drive. The area is part of the Town Center, which is in a tax incremental financing district. The city borrowed $2.3 million to buy utilities as part of the project plan.
The city also agreed to create four on-street parking spaces on Industrial Drive and install the streetscaping planned for the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Mequon woman reported missing
- Apartments, assisted living pitched in Mequon development
- Mequon-Thiensville's Demond Means says MPS role won't interfere with his day job
- Mequon allows indoor gun ranges in light industrial areas
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Colectivo opens cafe in Mequon Town Center
- Shaffer to develop 13 acres in Mequon Town Center district
- Homestead High School teacher faces termination due to allegations of misconduct (4)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015