After a closed session discussion last evening, the Brown Deer Village Board agreed to purchase property in the Original Village, a step that will help create some additional off-street parking.
The parcel at 8759 N. Deerwood Drive, between Prime Time Pub & Grill and Larry's Brown Deer Market, will be purchased for $185,000.
Jim Jagodizinski, the owner of the land, which includes a garage that is used for storage and personal auto restoration, offered to sell the land, Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said. The agreement to purchase is contingent on the adoption of a revised streetscape plan and the closing of the sale by Dec. 31.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead honored for AP test results
- Mequon schools approve 4K program (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Subdivision moves forward in Mequon
- Coyote concerns arise in Mequon (2)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville School District seeks input on referendum
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014