After a closed session discussion last evening, the Brown Deer Village Board agreed to purchase property in the Original Village, a step that will help create some additional off-street parking.
The parcel at 8759 N. Deerwood Drive, between Prime Time Pub & Grill and Larry's Brown Deer Market, will be purchased for $185,000.
Jim Jagodizinski, the owner of the land, which includes a garage that is used for storage and personal auto restoration, offered to sell the land, Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said. The agreement to purchase is contingent on the adoption of a revised streetscape plan and the closing of the sale by Dec. 31.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon council votes down subdivision proposal at Oldenburg Farm
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016 (1)
- Apartment building, assisted living center approved in Mequon
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016