After a closed session discussion last evening, the Brown Deer Village Board agreed to purchase property in the Original Village, a step that will help create some additional off-street parking.
The parcel at 8759 N. Deerwood Drive, between Prime Time Pub & Grill and Larry's Brown Deer Market, will be purchased for $185,000.
Jim Jagodizinski, the owner of the land, which includes a garage that is used for storage and personal auto restoration, offered to sell the land, Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said. The agreement to purchase is contingent on the adoption of a revised streetscape plan and the closing of the sale by Dec. 31.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon passes wild animal ban
- Mequon Common Council critical of DOT projects
- Election update
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Back to the drawing board on Mequon's gateway
- Withdrawal still an option as Glendale awaits formula votes
- Less bang for the bucks: Mequon council aims for doe-only deer culling
- Thiensville man cited after hurrying to get hamburgers home to wife
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 9