The village of Bayside was reporting 10.8 percent voter turnout for the Aug. 9 recall election via absentee voting as of yesterday morning. Voters have until 5 p.m. today (Friday) to vote absentee in person or to register to vote in the District 8 recall race pitting Sen. Alberta Darling against challenger Rep. Sandy Pasch.
There will be no in-person absentee voting or voter registration on Monday but voters can register at the polls on election day as in the past.
Residency requirements for voting have changed. Voters must live in the district for 28 days prior to the election, rather than the previous 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cracking the Medicare mystery
- News & Notes: May 22
- Majority of Homestead students like trimester schedule
- Crime decreases in Thiensville in 2012
- Mequon-Thiensville to teach updated human growth curriculum
- Police Report: May 21
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board to draft letter to state on budget issues
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library