A Chicago design firm's office and retail store will open on Silver Spring Drive.
The Plan Commission Monday night approved a request from Susan Fredman Design Group to open an interior design business and retail sales store at 401 E. Silver Spring Drive. Fredman has a similar business in Chicago and Union Pier, Mich.
The business will open in an alliance with James Hoffman Builders, taking most of the first floor for design and retail space.
Hoffman will continue to have some space on the first floor but will have most of its business in the basement, according to Susan Rossie, the president of the firm.
"We will operate as separate businesses," Rossie said.
Rossie said the retail store will sell home accessories. The business is expected to open in late September or early October.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 2, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 19, 2015
- Candidates for Mequon City Council focus on commercial, residential development
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Sarah Chudnow Community offers a variety of programming for April
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Homestead High School reverses decision to restructure final exams