A Chicago design firm's office and retail store will open on Silver Spring Drive.
The Plan Commission Monday night approved a request from Susan Fredman Design Group to open an interior design business and retail sales store at 401 E. Silver Spring Drive. Fredman has a similar business in Chicago and Union Pier, Mich.
The business will open in an alliance with James Hoffman Builders, taking most of the first floor for design and retail space.
Hoffman will continue to have some space on the first floor but will have most of its business in the basement, according to Susan Rossie, the president of the firm.
"We will operate as separate businesses," Rossie said.
Rossie said the retail store will sell home accessories. The business is expected to open in late September or early October.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Developer scraps plans for Thiensville apartment project
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon seeks to develop 13 acres in town center district
- Thiensville apartment developer agrees to consider smaller condominium development
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon police chief responds to strip search allegations
- Mequon home tour displays innovative features
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green