The Milwaukee County District Attorney today charged Robleh A. Kahin, a 27-year-old Milwaukee resident, with the attempted robbery of Guaranty Bank, 4000 W. Brown Deer Road, on Sept. 22 and the robbery of the bank on Aug. 2.
In all, Kahin was charged with three felonies, robbery of a financial institution - use of a dangerous weapon, attempted robbery of a financial institution and attempting to flee an officer.
If convicted on all three charges, Kahin could face up to 68 years in prison and fined up to $160,000.
According to police, at approximately 2:20 p.m. Sept. 22, the Brown Deer Police Department received a 911 call from an employee at the bank reporting an attempted armed robbery had just occurred. An alert bank employee, seeing a man with a gun approaching the bank, locked the doors, preventing his entry.
The suspect fled in a Lexus RX350, which was located by Glendale police officers, who pursued the suspect vehicle along with Fox Point officers.
The suspect eventually lost control of his vehicle due to a blown tire, abandoned his car and fled on foot. He was taken into custody in Fox Point, near Stormonth Elementary School on North Longacre Road. The school was locked down while police arrested the suspect.
Due to the similarities of this and the Guaranty Bank robbery from Aug. 2, Brown Deer police were able to have Kahin charged for both incidents. In the Aug. 2 robbery a man wearing a ski mask, wraparound sunglasses and carrying a gun, robbed the bank and fled in a car described as similar to a Lexus RX 350.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- Former Concordia business school dean is creating custom pocket squares
- Mequon police searching for bank robbery suspect
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore legislators discuss budget with Mequon-Thiensville School Board (1)
- Concordia University is first Wisconsin college to open an American Legion post
- U.S. Marshals arrest man who allegedly supplied heroin, cocaine to overdose victim in Mequon
- Rick Springfield to play Mequon's Gathering on the Green event