The Milwaukee County District Attorney today charged Robleh A. Kahin, a 27-year-old Milwaukee resident, with the attempted robbery of Guaranty Bank, 4000 W. Brown Deer Road, on Sept. 22 and the robbery of the bank on Aug. 2.
In all, Kahin was charged with three felonies, robbery of a financial institution - use of a dangerous weapon, attempted robbery of a financial institution and attempting to flee an officer.
If convicted on all three charges, Kahin could face up to 68 years in prison and fined up to $160,000.
According to police, at approximately 2:20 p.m. Sept. 22, the Brown Deer Police Department received a 911 call from an employee at the bank reporting an attempted armed robbery had just occurred. An alert bank employee, seeing a man with a gun approaching the bank, locked the doors, preventing his entry.
The suspect fled in a Lexus RX350, which was located by Glendale police officers, who pursued the suspect vehicle along with Fox Point officers.
The suspect eventually lost control of his vehicle due to a blown tire, abandoned his car and fled on foot. He was taken into custody in Fox Point, near Stormonth Elementary School on North Longacre Road. The school was locked down while police arrested the suspect.
Due to the similarities of this and the Guaranty Bank robbery from Aug. 2, Brown Deer police were able to have Kahin charged for both incidents. In the Aug. 2 robbery a man wearing a ski mask, wraparound sunglasses and carrying a gun, robbed the bank and fled in a car described as similar to a Lexus RX 350.
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 12, 2016