Thiensville - Dale Racer, the police chief in Twin Lakes, and Scott Nicholson, an officer with the Thiensville Police Department are the finalists for police chief position in the village.
Village Manager Dianne Robertson said the Village Board narrowed the field from six to two candidates Monday night in a closed session. They were culled from the original field of 40.
Racer, 55, has been chief in Twin Lakes since 2006. Before that he was a member of the Milwaukee Police Department from November 1980 to November 2006. He was a sergeant in Milwaukee. From 1977 to 1980 he was a dispatcher in Brown Deer. Racer lives in Rochester.
Nicholson, 56, has been a police officer in Thiensville since October 1984. He also lives in the village.
Robertson said the Village Board will make a final decision at its April 23 board meeting.
"The current Village Board thought it was the new board's decision," Robertson said.
Two seats on the Village Board were contested in Tuesday's election. In any scenario, the village would have a new Village President on April 23 since current Village President Karl Hertz did not seek re-election.
Former Chief Richard Preston retired in March.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- WWII veteran recalls German prison camp
- Mequon-Thiensville residents authorize land sale
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Referendum among proposed solutions to school district's financial woes
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Cafe Hollander will anchor Mequon Town Center
- North Shore Police Report: June 19