More than 80 tablets of prescription drugs were taken from the 100 block of West Miller Drive on April 22 or 23.
A 31-year-old Mequon man was arrested for theft of items valued at more than $2,000 including jewelry and flatware from the 9700 block of North Lamplighter Lane about 9 p.m. April 24. Police identified the suspect after tracing the items he stole and then pawned or sold at stores in Milwaukee and Mequon. The man, who turned himself in, admitted taking the items from relatives over the last week or so.
A 30-year-old Grafton man was arrested for theft of about $15 of gasoline at North Shore Country Club, 10757 N. Range Line Road, at 5:40 a.m. April 27.
A 20-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for driving while impaired, possession of marijuana, possession of another person's ID, failure to have insurance and expired registration in the 1100 block of West Highland Road at 3:35 a.m. April 22. The man's eyes were glassy and bloodshot but not because of drinking, he said, but because he had allergies. He also admitted using another person's ID, given to him by a friend, so he could get into bars. Two bags of marijuana weighing 10.7 grams were in the car, one in the glove box and one in a hollowed out book found in a book bag. The man at first denied smoking the drug but then admitted it. His passenger, a 20-year-old Wauwatosa man, was arrested for underage drinking. His BAC was 0.04.
A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after being found slumped over in the car which was stopped halfway in a lane of traffic in the 1700 block of West Mequon Road at 2:10 a.m. April 15. He failed field sobriety tests and was taken for a blood draw.
A 50-year-old Port Washington man was arrested for drunken driving after he was found sitting in his disabled van in the 10900 block of North Industrial Drive at 5:30 a.m. April 19. A witness called police because the man was not "right." He failed field sobriety tests telling police, "This is my bad. You got me." His blood alcohol content was 0.18.
A 35-year-old Mequon woman was arrested for drunken driving, drunken driving with a child under 16, refusal to take a breath test and failure to yield after pulling into traffic causing an accident in the 6700 block of West Donges Bay Road at 4:45 p.m. April 24. A 4-year-old girl was turned over to a relative or friend. When asked if she'd been drinking, the woman said, "Not today." She was taken for a blood draw.
A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, failure to report a change of address and a defective taillamp in the 1100 block of West Pioneer Road at 1:10 a.m. April 26. He was taken for a blood draw.
Two Concordia University students, 21 and 24, were injured during spring football practice at the university, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, about 3:30 p.m. April 22. The men, who collided head to head during a drill, were not wearing any protective gear including helmets which, according to league rules, are not allowed during spring football practices. The men were treated at a hospital and released.
No reportable incidents this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports