A woman who told police she was looking down at a cell phone was cited for inattentive driving last week after her car struck a slow-moving train.
According to the Mequon police report:
The 20-year-old Mequon woman was cited after her car struck the train on Mequon Road, just east of Fond du Lac Avenue at 10:10 a.m. July 18.
The woman admitted she was looking down at her cellphone while approaching the tracks and was unable to stop for the train, which was backing up at the time.
There were no injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon seeks to develop 13 acres in town center district
- Thiensville apartment developer agrees to consider smaller condominium development
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon police chief responds to strip search allegations
- Mequon home tour displays innovative features
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 2, 2015