A woman who told police she was looking down at a cell phone was cited for inattentive driving last week after her car struck a slow-moving train.
According to the Mequon police report:
The 20-year-old Mequon woman was cited after her car struck the train on Mequon Road, just east of Fond du Lac Avenue at 10:10 a.m. July 18.
The woman admitted she was looking down at her cellphone while approaching the tracks and was unable to stop for the train, which was backing up at the time.
There were no injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Mequon named top K-12 district in state
- Campus Colors sports new Mequon storefront
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Mequon cracks down on underage party hosts
- Mequon may allow chickens on smaller lots
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014