A woman who told police she was looking down at a cell phone was cited for inattentive driving last week after her car struck a slow-moving train.
According to the Mequon police report:
The 20-year-old Mequon woman was cited after her car struck the train on Mequon Road, just east of Fond du Lac Avenue at 10:10 a.m. July 18.
The woman admitted she was looking down at her cellphone while approaching the tracks and was unable to stop for the train, which was backing up at the time.
There were no injuries.
- Get a pool preview June 4 and 5 in Mequon
- 2016 Bicycle Fest coming to Thiensville June 4
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17