A 19-year-old Milwaukee man is under investigation for using a government assistance card to purchase items and then resell them.
According to the Thiensville police report:
The man approached an off-duty police officer to use his "Quest card" and sell the officer items for cash.
The man said he did nothing wrong, and the only reason he approached the officer is because he's homeless and needs money.
The card is being held as evidence and he will be referred to the District Attorney's office for theft by fraud charges, and the Milwaukee office of Wisconsin Department of Health Services will review his eligibility for the government program.
- SeaWorld grants interview with Mequon student on orcas for paper
- Demond Means resigns as commissioner of the Opportunity Schools and Partnership Program (1)
- Derosier enters not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.