A 19-year-old Milwaukee man is under investigation for using a government assistance card to purchase items and then resell them.
According to the Thiensville police report:
The man approached an off-duty police officer to use his "Quest card" and sell the officer items for cash.
The man said he did nothing wrong, and the only reason he approached the officer is because he's homeless and needs money.
The card is being held as evidence and he will be referred to the District Attorney's office for theft by fraud charges, and the Milwaukee office of Wisconsin Department of Health Services will review his eligibility for the government program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon seeks to develop 13 acres in town center district
- Thiensville apartment developer agrees to consider smaller condominium development
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon police chief responds to strip search allegations
- Mequon home tour displays innovative features
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 9, 2015