A 19-year-old Milwaukee man is under investigation for using a government assistance card to purchase items and then resell them.
According to the Thiensville police report:
The man approached an off-duty police officer to use his "Quest card" and sell the officer items for cash.
The man said he did nothing wrong, and the only reason he approached the officer is because he's homeless and needs money.
The card is being held as evidence and he will be referred to the District Attorney's office for theft by fraud charges, and the Milwaukee office of Wisconsin Department of Health Services will review his eligibility for the government program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 5
- New blood guaranteed on Mequon Common Council
- ELECTION 2014: Three compete for two seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Thiensville's proposed beer garden folds for a second straight year
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- Mequon-Thiensville board split on expanding communications director position
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board criticizes Legislature, advocates local control
- News & Notes: Feb. 25