A 19-year-old Milwaukee man is under investigation for using a government assistance card to purchase items and then resell them.
According to the Thiensville police report:
The man approached an off-duty police officer to use his "Quest card" and sell the officer items for cash.
The man said he did nothing wrong, and the only reason he approached the officer is because he's homeless and needs money.
The card is being held as evidence and he will be referred to the District Attorney's office for theft by fraud charges, and the Milwaukee office of Wisconsin Department of Health Services will review his eligibility for the government program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon Legion post reopens in new building
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Homestead honored for AP test results
- Mequon schools approve 4K program (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Subdivision moves forward in Mequon
- Coyote concerns arise in Mequon (2)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014