A 19-year-old Milwaukee man is under investigation for using a government assistance card to purchase items and then resell them.
According to the Thiensville police report:
The man approached an off-duty police officer to use his "Quest card" and sell the officer items for cash.
The man said he did nothing wrong, and the only reason he approached the officer is because he's homeless and needs money.
The card is being held as evidence and he will be referred to the District Attorney's office for theft by fraud charges, and the Milwaukee office of Wisconsin Department of Health Services will review his eligibility for the government program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pieper to be honored by Mequon Community Foundation
- Urbashich reflects on 17 years on the Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- District faces money woes
- News & Notes: April 9
- Ash borer hits Mequon trees
- Density a hot topic in Mequon subdivision proposal