An $800 laptop computer was taken from the 8500 block of West Hawthorne Road on Aug. 18 or 19 and reported Aug. 20. There was no sign of forced entry.
About 15 metal intersection signs, green street signs, were reported taken from various locations scattered around Mequon at 8 a.m. Aug. 28. Replacement cost is $1,374.
An 18-year-old Mequon man was arrested Aug. 30 for theft of a bicycle and unauthorized presence on school property at Homestead High School, 5000 W. Mequon Road, about 9:25 a.m. Aug. 29. The man, who was identified when the theft was caught on surveillance video, has "multiple offenses" for theft.
An 18-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia as he checked in at Wittenberg Dorm at Concordia College, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, at 6:10 p.m. Aug. 25. Campus security noticed a strong odor of marijuana and called police who arrived with canine officer Vero. He hit "aggressively" on the man's backpack where a pipe and 1.4 grams of marijuana were found.
A 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving, crossing the centerline and speeding 48 mph in a 25 mph zone in the 9600 block of North River Road at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 24. Her preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.15 and she was taken for a blood draw.
A 25-year-old Grafton man was arrested for drunken driving, unauthorized registration sticker and failure to stop at a sign at Davis and Bonniwell roads at 12:50 a.m. Aug. 25. The man, who admitted running the stop sign, had a preliminary BAC of 0.123 and was taken for a blood draw.
A 23-year-old Mequon man was arrested for drunken driving, driving after suspension, an outstanding warrant, no proof of insurance, passing in a no-passing zone, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding 70 mph in a 45 mph zone on Mequon Road as he entered North Meadowbrook Drive at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 29. He had a pill bottle with a trace amount of marijuana. His preliminary BAC was 0.18 and he was taken for a blood draw.
A 19-year-old Illinois man was arrested for drunken driving after he was stopped in the 200 block of Kenwood Drive for operating his vehicle recklessly at 1:18 a.m. Sept. 1. The officer made contact with the driver and could smell the odor of alcoholic beverages emitting from the vehicle. There were three other people in the vehicle. The driver refused to follow orders during field sobriety tests and failed them. He was taken for a blood draw at a hospital. The other passengers in the vehicle were also underage and intoxicated. They were: an 18-year-old Minnesota man, an 18-year-old Illinois man and a 19-year-old Illinois man. All three were cited for underage consumption.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17