A 17-year-old Mequon boy was arrested for theft of two cellphones at Homestead High School, 5000 W. Mequon Road, at 9:20 a.m. Oct. 8. The boy denied taking the phones, valued at $900, but they were found in his backpack with the SIM cards missing.
A 24-year-old Port Washington man was arrested for damage to property and theft in the 10000 block of North Cedarburg Road early evening Oct. 8. The man broke a car's taillights that morning and, about 5:30 p.m., took a cellphone from the car's owner.
A 28-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, improper right turn and speeding 47 mph in a 35-mph zone in the 12600 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:25 a.m. Oct. 5. When asked if he'd been drinking, he said no. When asked for his driver's license, he handed over a business card. He would not follow directions, argued with police and was taken for a blood draw.
A 25-year-old Germantown woman was arrested for drunken driving, no insurance, possession of a controlled substance and speeding 59 mph in a 45-mph zone in the 9600 block of North Wauwatosa Road at 1:10 a.m. Oct. 6. When asked for her driver's license, the woman gave police her passport. She admitted driving in and out of lanes, saying she was playing with her phone. She was found with Adderall pills in bottles with labels ripped off which she said belonged to a friend. Her BAC was 0.13.
A 42-year-old Brookfield woman was arrested for drunken driving with a child younger than 16 and speeding in excess of 40 mph in a 30-mph zone in the 1300 block of West County Line Road at 9:35 p.m. Oct. 6. The woman, who said she was a bartender, was asked to roll down her window and instead rolled down a rear window and then the front passenger window and finally hers. Her BAC was 0.14.
A 41-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for drunken driving, reckless endangerment, fleeing an officer and speeding from up to 95 mph in a 45-mph zone in the 9200 block of West Donges Bay Road at 12:45 a.m. Oct. 12. The car spun out and the man fled but was found hiding in a large growth of cattails. When arrested, he was covered with cattail fuzz. His passenger, 42, of Brown Deer, was arrested on a warrant.
A resident received a call from a "Sgt. Miller of the US Embassy in Peru," saying his nephew was in a jail for drugs and he should send $2,500 for bail, which he did Oct. 4. On Oct. 5, he received a call from an attorney saying to send $1,900 for his fee. A bit later, his nephew called saying he was not in Peru so the resident called the "sergeant" back to report his grandson was fine. The "sergeant" hung up.
A 67-year-old Port Washington man was mailed a citation for disorderly conduct after causing a disturbance in the emergency waiting room of St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee County, 13111 North Port Washington Road, at 1:40 p.m. Oct. 6. The man yelled at staff, using profanity, and then called 911 to report no one was taking care of him. When police arrived, he continued being disorderly and children were present in the room.
Four Appleton men, ages 18, 19 and 20, and a 19-year-old Greenfield woman were arrested for underage drinking after they were found sitting in a parked car in the 10900 block of North Cedarburg Road at 1:42 a.m. Oct. 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29