Dan Abendroth will retain his seat as the District 1 alderman on the Mequon Common Council, pending results of the Mequon mayoral race. Newcomer John Leszczynski defeated newcomer Jeff Hansher for the District 4 alderman seat.
It was a close race with Abendroth garnering 53 percent of the vote, beating newcomer Robert Strzelczyk. Strzelczyk received 415 votes, while Abendroth received 474. Leszczynski defeated Hansher with 393 votes - or 60 percent of the vote - versus Hansher's 267 votes.
Council members earn $1,800 annually and serve three-year terms.
Unofficial results for District 1 are:
Dan Abendroth (i) 474
Robert Strzelczyk 415
Unofficial results for District 4 are:
John Leszczynski 393
Jeff Hansher 267
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pieper to be honored by Mequon Community Foundation
- Urbashich reflects on 17 years on the Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- District faces money woes
- News & Notes: April 9
- Ash borer hits Mequon trees
- Density a hot topic in Mequon subdivision proposal