Dan Abendroth will retain his seat as the District 1 alderman on the Mequon Common Council, pending results of the Mequon mayoral race. Newcomer John Leszczynski defeated newcomer Jeff Hansher for the District 4 alderman seat.
It was a close race with Abendroth garnering 53 percent of the vote, beating newcomer Robert Strzelczyk. Strzelczyk received 415 votes, while Abendroth received 474. Leszczynski defeated Hansher with 393 votes - or 60 percent of the vote - versus Hansher's 267 votes.
Council members earn $1,800 annually and serve three-year terms.
Unofficial results for District 1 are:
Dan Abendroth (i) 474
Robert Strzelczyk 415
Unofficial results for District 4 are:
John Leszczynski 393
Jeff Hansher 267
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead teacher agrees to resign
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Mequon woman reported missing
- Apartments, assisted living pitched in Mequon development
- Mequon-Thiensville's Demond Means says MPS role won't interfere with his day job
- Mequon allows indoor gun ranges in light industrial areas
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Colectivo opens cafe in Mequon Town Center
- Shaffer to develop 13 acres in Mequon Town Center district
- Homestead High School teacher faces termination due to allegations of misconduct (4)