Dan Abendroth will retain his seat as the District 1 alderman on the Mequon Common Council, pending results of the Mequon mayoral race. Newcomer John Leszczynski defeated newcomer Jeff Hansher for the District 4 alderman seat.
It was a close race with Abendroth garnering 53 percent of the vote, beating newcomer Robert Strzelczyk. Strzelczyk received 415 votes, while Abendroth received 474. Leszczynski defeated Hansher with 393 votes - or 60 percent of the vote - versus Hansher's 267 votes.
Council members earn $1,800 annually and serve three-year terms.
Unofficial results for District 1 are:
Dan Abendroth (i) 474
Robert Strzelczyk 415
Unofficial results for District 4 are:
John Leszczynski 393
Jeff Hansher 267
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon police searching for bank robbery suspect
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore legislators discuss budget with Mequon-Thiensville School Board (1)
- Concordia University is first Wisconsin college to open an American Legion post
- U.S. Marshals arrest man who allegedly supplied heroin, cocaine to overdose victim in Mequon
- Rick Springfield to play Mequon's Gathering on the Green event
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 9, 2015