· Two 55-gallon decorative wine barrels valued at $1,600 each were taken from the Chisel Grape Winery, 14136 N. Port Washington Road, sometime before 10 a.m. July 9. The barrels were last seen outside the building.
· A catalytic converter was taken from a 2008 Dodge in the 10300 block of North Port Washington Road July 10 or 11. Damage and replacement costs were about $500.
· Residents reported thefts from four cars in the 2100 block of West Woodside Lane on July 17 or 18. Various items were taken including a wallet with $100 cash and credit cards, various articles of clothing and shoes valued at more than $300, a $300 tennis bracelet and a $4,500 watch.
· A 26-year-old Mequon man was arrested for possession of prescription medicine without a prescription, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia when a family member called police after finding him nonresponsive but breathing in the 4700 block of West Chippewa Drive at 9:35 p.m. July 8. The man admitted using heroin and said he had recently purchased $20 of heroin and used it. He was found with one Xanax pill and some drug paraphernalia including a rubber tourniquet.
· A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana at Mequon Nature Preserve, 10000 N. Swan Road, at 10:30 p.m. July 15. The man admitted smoking the drug on the way to the park but not at the park. Canine Officer Vero was called to the scene and hit "aggressively" on the driver's side of the car. A bag with 4 grams of marijuana was found in the man's pocket and blunts were on the floor of the car.
· A 42-year-old Chicago man was arrested for possession of marijuana, with a prior conviction, after multiple Tip411 calls reporting marijuana odor coming from a room at the Chalet Motel, 10401 N. Port Washington Road, around 3 a.m. July 17. Police could hear noises inside the room and had to knock many times before the occupants opened the door. When they did, they were not wearing clothes but using towels and sheets to cover themselves. Police recovered 0.9 grams of marijuana along with traces of the drug in the room, a scale with residue, $1,400 cash and numerous lighters in the no-smoking room.
· A 75-year-old Thiensville man was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 72 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 3600 block of West Mequon Road at 6:30 p.m. July 13. The man said he was speeding because he wanted to get home to make sure his wife was OK. He had a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.11 and was taken for a blood draw.
· An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, driving without a valid license and warned for defective headlights and failure to have insurance in the 10800 block of North Range Line Road at 2:25 a.m. July 13. A number of burnt marijuana roaches were found in the car along with wrappers with residue.
· A 29-year-old town of Grafton man was arrested for battery after he fought with another man both employees at the Highland House, 12749 N. Port Washington Road, at 7:30 p.m. July 14. The Grafton man was angry over talk that he shouldn't drink before work which turned out to be true. His preliminary BAC was 0.10.
· A resident reported she was the victim of a fraud by a "Ralph Perkins," a man she met on Zoosk, an online dating website on July 18. He sent her a photo of a man and girl saying that was him and his daughter and that her mother just died and so had his father and could she send $250 to someone in Nigeria which she did. There was report from another woman, also "dating" Ralph, who was asked to send $1,500 but did not. The resident said she reported this scam so that no one else would be a victim.
No reportable incidents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Report: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 12
- Police Report: Nov. 5
- Police Report: Oct. 29
- Police Report: Oct. 22
- Police report: Oct. 15
- Police report: Oct. 8
- Police Report: Sept. 23
- Police Report: Sept. 17
- Police Report: Sept. 10
- Police Report: Sept. 3
- Police Report: Aug. 27
- Police Report: Aug. 20
- Police Report: Aug. 13
- Police Report: Aug. 6
- Police Report: July 29
- Police Report: July 16