· A backpack and contents including a $500 smartphone was taken when left unattended for just a few minutes before a basketball game at Homestead High School, 5000 W. Mequon Road, between 2 and 2:15 p.m. July 20. Surveillance video is being reviewed.
· A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for driving a motor vehicle without the owner's consent, driving without a valid license, unauthorized registration, five counts of recklessly endangering safety, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, bail jumping and a warrant in the 11500 block of North Port Washington Road about 2 p.m. July 22. The man, out on bail for theft, had taken a 2006 Porsche Cayenne, valued at more than $22,000, from a Greenfield auto dealer and advertised it for sale on Craigslist for $3,500. The ad was answered and a meeting was set up "to purchase it" in Mequon. The suspect arrived in the Porsche and when he saw police drove into and accelerated through a car wash damaging equipment and then hit a squad car. He tried to run and had to be taken down at gun point. Damage to the squad car was listed at $2,000, to the Porsche at $1,000 and was not available for the car wash.
· A Germantown girl and a Menomonee Falls boy, both 16, were arrested for possession of marijuana and the boy also for possession of drug paraphernalia after the girl, who was driving, hit a pole at Highland and Granville roads at 5:10 p.m. July 23. The girl then drove into a soy bean field and continued to drive in that field. When police stopped her, they asked why she didn't report the accident and she said she didn't know how to do that. Canine Officer Vero was called and hit aggressively inside the car where a pipe with residue was found along with a six bags holding 3.8 grams of marijuana. The boy admitted the pipe was his and he and the girl admitted ownership of the marijuana.
· A 44-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, driving while suspended and suspended registration in the 1000 block of West Mequon Road at 1 a.m. July 19. The man, who smelled of alcohol and slurred his words, said he had only one cocktail. His blood alcohol content was 0.10.
· A 25-year-old Olathe, Ks., man was arrested for drunken driving and driving without headlights in the 10300 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:28 a.m. July 21. The man did not stop for the police until he pulled into a motel parking lot where he was staying. He said he'd been at a bachelor's party but had not been drinking. A bit later, he admitted drinking but decided to drive anyway saying, "No kidding. So stupid." His BAC was 0.15.
· A window on an abandoned bathhouse was found broken in the 10300 block of North Wildwood Court at 8:30 a.m. July 20. The amount of damage was not listed.
· A 20-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety, with a prior drunken driving conviction, underage drinking, driving while suspended and no proof of insurance in the 6400 block of West Pioneer Road at 2 a.m. July 18. The woman said she only drank one small flavored beer. Her BAC was 0.04.
· Police responded to a call of "an unusual looking cat" in the 11000 block of North Kensington Drive early morning July 22. That "cat" was actually a serval, classified as an exotic animal, purchased in Kentucky. The serval, about 2 feet tall looking somewhat like a cheetah, was owned by residents of the 10600 block of North Wauwatosa Road. Those residents, a 42-year-old man and a 57-year-old woman, had both been cited for animal at large, in the last few weeks after neighbors reported seeing the animal running around and being concerned for the safety of children and pets. The serval was later found dead after being hit by a truck July 25.
· An 18-year-old Cedar Grove man was arrested for hit and run involving injury, and a probation violation after he rear-ended another car and fled the scene in the 11500 block of North Port Washington Road at 8:07 p.m. July 24. A witness called TIP411 reporting the man had just driven into a parking lot a few blocks away. One person in the car he hit was slightly injured with cuts to a knee and fingers.
· Several girls were cited by police in the 100 block of North Highland after a report that a group of juveniles were smoking marijuana at 2:35 p.m. July 25. A 15-year-old Grafton girl was cited for obstructing a police officer; a 16-year-old Cedarburg girl was cited for obstructing a police officer, possession of drug paraphernalia and referred t Ozaukee County Human Services for possession of stolen property; and a 17-year-old Thiensville girl was cited for possession of tobacco products.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 5, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 12, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 5, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Jan. 15, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Jan. 8, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Jan. 1, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 25, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 4, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 27, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 30, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014