· A wallet was taken from a purse in an office at the Mequon Nature Preserve, 8200 W. County Line Road, the afternoon of Aug. 6. Before the theft was discovered, about $400 was charged on the stolen credit cards and charges were declined at a Hampton Avenue Petro Mart and a Speedway.
· A canopy/tent valued at more than $100 was taken along with the stakes holding it in place from Lemke Park, 10301 W. Donges Bay Road, sometime Aug. 6 to 9.
· A 19-year-old Mequon man was arrested for theft and taken into custody on a probation violation after taking a cellphone from a car left for service in the 7200 block of West Mequon Road at 3:15 p.m. Aug. 10. The customer picked up her car and a short time later reported her phone missing. It was traced using GPS to the man's home where he denied taking it saying he had no idea why it "binged" there. The man was on probation for making a bomb threat at Homestead High School.
· A 22-year-old Sheboygan woman was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after she was stopped for a defective headlight in the 13600 block of Interstate 43 at 8:18 p.m. Aug. 5. Canine officer Vero was called to the scene and "hit aggressively" on the woman's purse. Inside were rolling papers and a bag with 0.6 grams of marijuana.
· A 27-year-old Ironwood, Mich., man and a 30-year-old Mercer, Wis., man were each arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and along with a 26-year-old Mercer man for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the 9000 block of West County Line Road at 7:18 p.m. Aug. 14. The Ironwood man had a prior arrest for possession and he also had a 13-inch knife next to him in the car. The Mercer man was found with a pair of brass knuckles that fell out of his pants as he exited the car. Pipes with residue, a syringe and about 1.1 grams of marijuana were in the car.
· A 59-year-old Cedarburg man was arrested for drunken driving and refusal to take a breath test after reports of an impaired driver in the 11200 block of I-43 at 11:20 p.m. Aug. 9. He failed field sobriety tests including standing on one leg and counting, telling police, "That's not going to happen." The man, who said he had only two beers, had a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.14.
· A 32-year-old Fredonia man was arrested for disorderly conduct after witnesses reported him attempting to enter cars in the 11200 block of North Port Washington Road at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 7. He said he wasn't doing anything wrong just waiting for a ride.
· A 30-year-old Jackson man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, driving with a suspended license and suspended registration in the 7200 block of West Mequon Road at 12:40 p.m. Aug. 9. A pipe and grinder both with marijuana residue were found in his car. The man admitted he smoked marijuana.
· Police stopped about 20 bicyclists riding three or four abreast thereby blocking traffic on Green Bay and Highland roads about 6 a.m. Aug. 13 and again at 6 a.m. Aug. 15. One rider said they were members of the Tuesday Thursday Whitefish Bay Bike Club. The riders were warned about blocking traffic and told to ride single file or two by two and to stop at all stop signs.
No reportable incidents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Reports: April 8
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 18
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 28
- Police report: Jan. 21
- Police report: Jan. 13
- Police report: Dec. 30
- Police report: Dec. 23
- Police report: Dec. 17
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Report: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 12