Mequon — The Mequon-Thiensville School District today is celebrating its recent successes in the eyes of the state Department of Public Instruction and national media.
Mequon-Thiensville ranked first among K-12 districts statewide in DPI report cards issued in August, as a whole falling into the "significantly exceeds expectations" score range. In September, an online article by Forbes magazine ranked Mequon-Thiensville third nationwide in a list of "best schools for your housing buck." Mequon-Thiensville was the highest ranked of six Wisconsin school districts in the list of 20 districts.
Each of the district's six schools is congratulating teachers and students today in a unique way, according to a district news release.
"The achievement is an outstanding organizational accomplishment in which the entire Mequon-Thiensville community should take pride," Superintendent Demond Means said in the release.
The public is invited to a celebration tonight at 5:30 p.m. at the Range Line Conference Room, 11040 North Range Line Road. A presentation at 6 p.m. will include congratulatory videos from state Superintendent Tony Evers and Gov. Scott Walker.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 5, 2015
- Mequon seeks coyote solutions
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Mequon scout builds 20 benches for city parks
- Homestead High School athletic pavilion would be named after Sommer's Subaru
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon cancer survivor honored with Concordia scholarship
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin plans new Mequon clinic