Criminal damage to property was reported after management at the Sybaris Pool Suites discovered a two-floor, $349 per-night suite was trashed the morning of Nov 4.
According to the Mequon police report:
A 42-year-old Milwaukee man, known to the motel after having stayed there before, rented the two-floor suite with both a pool and a hot tub putting down a $100 deposit at 6 p.m. Nov. 3.
Police were called in the morning after management found the damage which included broken liquor bottles in the pool, a queen-sized mattress in an empty hot tub, wet carpets, marijuana ash scattered about, vomit in a bathroom sink, dents in a mural behind the hot tub, and floors littered with cups, towels and clothing.
Loss to the motel, 10240 N. Cedarburg Road, consisted of $1,200 rental revenue and at least $500 damage to the suite.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 5
- New blood guaranteed on Mequon Common Council
- ELECTION 2014: Three compete for two seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Thiensville's proposed beer garden folds for a second straight year
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- Mequon-Thiensville board split on expanding communications director position
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board criticizes Legislature, advocates local control
- News & Notes: Feb. 25