An 88-year-old Thiensville man may have taken the happy wife, happy life adage too far when police say he failed to report a recent accident.
According to the police report:
The 88-year-old man was cited for failing to report a hit-and-run accident after his car struck a parked vehicle in the 200 block of Green Bay Road around 4 p.m. Dec. 2.
Police traced the vehicle debris left at the scene to a body shop in Milwaukee. The Thiensville man told police he was returning from the Wendy’s in Brown Deer and knew he hit something, but said, “it was important to get the burgers home for his wife.”
The police report noted he was also not too concerned that he struck another vehicle.
In addition to being cited for the accident he was referred to the state of Wisconsin for a medical review.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Mequon passes sex offender ordinance
- Mequon-Thiensville residents will vote on $18.2 million referendum proposal
- Soundstage fades out after 56 years
- Giant dome could cover Concordia's soccer field
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014