An 88-year-old Thiensville man may have taken the happy wife, happy life adage too far when police say he failed to report a recent accident.
According to the police report:
The 88-year-old man was cited for failing to report a hit-and-run accident after his car struck a parked vehicle in the 200 block of Green Bay Road around 4 p.m. Dec. 2.
Police traced the vehicle debris left at the scene to a body shop in Milwaukee. The Thiensville man told police he was returning from the Wendy’s in Brown Deer and knew he hit something, but said, “it was important to get the burgers home for his wife.”
The police report noted he was also not too concerned that he struck another vehicle.
In addition to being cited for the accident he was referred to the state of Wisconsin for a medical review.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- K-9 Officer Iron joins Mequon PD
- Homestead raising funds for facilities
- Jonathan Clark House brings history to life
- Mequon-Thiensville decides against fundraising position
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville floats $20 million referendum proposal
- Mequon-Thiensville receives offer on farmland