· A money clip holding credit cards, a driver's license and $40 cash was taken from the front seat of an unlocked car in the 11500 block of North Port Washington Road before 4 p.m. Dec. 24. Charges were made at a local Walgreen's to purchase Visa gift cards and smaller items totaling more than $1,000. More charges were made in Milwaukee County.
· A 61-year-old Mequon woman was arrested for drunken driving and refusal to take a breath test after a 911 call reporting an erratic driver who was "all over the road" at Freistadt and Wauwatosa roads at 7:25 p.m. Dec. 20. The woman was found at home in the 11800 block of North Wauwatosa Road where she admitted driving and having four or five alcoholic drinks saying, "I'm drunk." She failed field sobriety tests at the police department. Her preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.12.
· A 38-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, refusal to take a breath test and unsafe lane deviation after he drove into a ditch at Mequon and Wasaukee roads at 1:25 a.m. Dec. 22. The man, who failed field sobriety tests, said he had "zero" to drink but then said 21/2 beers.
· A 22-year-old Mequon man was arrested for drunken driving and driving too fast for conditions after he drove into a ditch in the 11400 block of North Riverland Road at 4:33 a.m. Dec. 22. He failed field sobriety tests and admitted having 51/2 drinks. His BAC was 0.14.
· A 25-year-old Mequon man was arrested for bail jumping and driving after revocation after appearing for his required breath test at the Mequon Police Department, 11300 N. Buntrock Road, at 7:05 p.m. Dec. 21. The man, who was unsteady on his feet and had to hold on to the wall to keep his balance, is not to drive and is required to take that test twice a day. The car he arrived in was parked across the street and the man told police a relative had driven him and then she walked home. However, that relative when called said the man had driven. Canine officer Vero was called to the scene and hit in the front of the car but no drugs were found.
· A concerned citizen reported finding a cat in a crate placed in a storage unit in an underground unheated garage in the 10600 block of North Ivy Court at 8:25 a.m. Dec. 26. The cat had food and a litter box but no water. Police gave the cat water and attempted to contact the unit's owner. They also notified the Ozaukee Humane Society.
· A 21-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for an equipment violation in the 200 block of South Main Street at 2:35 a.m. Dec. 27. His BAC was 0.14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17