· Copper piping was taken from three homes under construction in the 11400 and 11500 blocks of North Oakview Court and the 7300 block of West Concord Creek on Jan. 4 to 6. There was no sign of forced entry to the homes. The copper piping was valued at $200, $500 and $2,000.
· A wallet and contents including credit cards and a Social Security card was taken from a private office in a business in the 10600 block of North Baehr Road the afternoon of Jan. 10. At least one card was used at Target on Brown Deer Road to purchase two $400 gift cards and an attempt was made at a Speedway in the same area to purchase more gift cards.
· An attempted burglary was reported to a vacant house for sale in the 4900 block of West County Line Road sometime Jan. 6 to Jan. 11. A door was found kicked in but nothing reported taken.
· An attempted burglary was reported in the 9900 block of North Otto Road sometime 10:30 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. Jan. 12. Pry marks were found on two rear doors and a rear window but entry was not gained.
· A fire safe box and contents including $640 cash and Vicodin pills was taken from the 11200 block of North Swan Road during the day Jan. 15. There was no sign of forced entry but the resident thought the house had been locked. A connecting garage door was found open and bedroom drawers had been rummaged through. Other valuables including electronics and jewelry were not taken.
· A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of a smartphone at Piggly Wiggly, 6111 W. Mequon Road, at 6:40 p.m. Jan. 15. The man, an employee, took the phone left on a shelf by another employee and then left the store. When found at his home, he admitted taking the phone.
· A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, driving while suspended and failure to wear a seat belt after he was seen accelerating up to 50 mph and then slowing to 20 mph in the 4300 block of West Mequon Road at 12:44 a.m. Jan. 17. He failed field sobriety tests and had a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.15.
· A 57-year-old Mequon woman was arrested for providing alcohol to minors and 33 males and females, ages 15 to 20, were arrested for underage drinking and 21 of them also for obstruction for hiding from police after a TIP-411 call reporting a "huge underage drinking party" in the 10300 block of North River Road at 8:30 p.m. Jan. 3. When police arrived a boy answered the door saying he didn't have to let them in. Police were issued a search warrant about 11 p.m. and did enter the home and the boy was then arrested. There were at least 25 other young people at the residence who had not been drinking and were not cited. The preliminary BACs of those drinking ranged from 0.05 to 0.20.
· A 48-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct after getting into a verbal argument with a relative at a business in the 10400 block of North Port Washington Road at 10 a.m. Jan. 16.
· Two 19-year-old Thiensville men were cited for underage drinking after police received a noise complaint in the 200 block of Williamsburg Drive at 1:07 a.m. Jan. 15. The officer observed one of them men had bloodshot eyes and that his breath smelled of alcohol. The officer also noticed a game that looked like beer pong in the apartment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17
- Police Reports: April 8
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: Feb. 24
- Police report: Feb. 18
- Police report: Feb. 3
- Police report: Jan. 28
- Police report: Jan. 13