Thiensville — Police busted eight underage drinkers Saturday and ticketed three Thiensville men for providing the alcohol.
According to a department news release:
Following a report of loud music at an apartment, police responded to the 100 block of Grand Avenue at 11:55 p.m. Feb. 1 and were met at the apartment door by the three Thiensville men. The officer at the door noticed beers cans in the living room behind them.
At the same time the officer heard on another officer's radio that there was a large group of people running out a rear door. The second officer chased the group as they broke into another apartment within the complex, where they were found hiding in a closet.
The eight young men and women, ranging from 18 to 20-years-old, were all ticketed for underage drinking and resisting arrest. The three 21-year-old men who were hosting them at their apartment were ticketed for providing alcohol. In total police issued 19 citations.
This is the third underage drinking party broken up by area police since the beginning of the year. On Jan. 3 Mequon police arrested 33 underage drinkers and arrested the 57-year-old woman supplying them alcohol, and on Jan. 18 busted eight teenagers and the 52-year-old man hosting them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Concordia hosts theater, music presentations
- Service dog offers extra ears for hearing-impaired Mequon man
- Mequon tries to control Airbnb and other short-term rentals
- The Cheel in Thiensville resurrects historic turret on landmark building
- Greenfield man killed in single-vehicle crash in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Mequon adopts coyote response plan
- Falafel Guys food truck to open restaurant in Thiensville (5)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015