Thiensville — Police busted eight underage drinkers Saturday and ticketed three Thiensville men for providing the alcohol.
According to a department news release:
Following a report of loud music at an apartment, police responded to the 100 block of Grand Avenue at 11:55 p.m. Feb. 1 and were met at the apartment door by the three Thiensville men. The officer at the door noticed beers cans in the living room behind them.
At the same time the officer heard on another officer's radio that there was a large group of people running out a rear door. The second officer chased the group as they broke into another apartment within the complex, where they were found hiding in a closet.
The eight young men and women, ranging from 18 to 20-years-old, were all ticketed for underage drinking and resisting arrest. The three 21-year-old men who were hosting them at their apartment were ticketed for providing alcohol. In total police issued 19 citations.
This is the third underage drinking party broken up by area police since the beginning of the year. On Jan. 3 Mequon police arrested 33 underage drinkers and arrested the 57-year-old woman supplying them alcohol, and on Jan. 18 busted eight teenagers and the 52-year-old man hosting them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Prank call reported alleged shooting prompts closure of Range Line Road, three schools Jan. 25
- Prank call about shooting sends 3 Mequon schools into 'lock down' mode
- Huey Lewis coming to Mequon's Gathering on the Green festival (2)