Mequon — Former mayor Connie Pukaite has upset former alderman Bob Ashmore with a successful write-in campaign and claimed the District 2 seat on the Mequon Common Council.
Pukaite received 58 percent of the vote while Ashmore received 40 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Connie Pukaite 362
Bob Ashmore 252
According to City Clerk Diane Kowalchuk, the write-in votes were counted four times to ensure accuracy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University is first Wisconsin college to open an American Legion post
- U.S. Marshals arrest man who allegedly supplied heroin, cocaine to overdose victim in Mequon
- Rick Springfield to play Mequon's Gathering on the Green event
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 9, 2015
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside (1)
- Incumbent Pam Adams wins reelection in Mequon
- Informal exit poll shows Mequon-Thiensville voters support $18.2 million referendum
- MyYoMy frozen yogurt will replace Red Mango