Mequon — Former mayor Connie Pukaite has upset former alderman Bob Ashmore with a successful write-in campaign and claimed the District 2 seat on the Mequon Common Council.
Pukaite received 58 percent of the vote while Ashmore received 40 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Connie Pukaite 362
Bob Ashmore 252
According to City Clerk Diane Kowalchuk, the write-in votes were counted four times to ensure accuracy.
- 'Visionary leader' in Mequon receives Prevent Blindness Wisconsin's SEER award
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- SeaWorld grants interview with Mequon student on orcas for paper
- Demond Means resigns as commissioner of the Opportunity Schools and Partnership Program (1)
- Derosier enters not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016