· A cash box with cash and checks valued at more than $6,900 was taken from a safe at Goodyear Tire and Service Center, 10432 N. Port Washington Road, on March 26 or 27. Also reported taken were 22 tires valued at over $1,700. Police have identified a suspect.
· Four trail cameras valued at $800 were taken from the St. Francis Borgia Cemetery, 7963 W. Pioneer Road, between March 22 and 28. The cameras, placed in various areas of the cemetery, were used for surveillance.
· A 23-year-old Mequon man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop in the 10600 block of North Cedarburg Road at 1:25 a.m. April 2. Police asked the man about the strong odor of marijuana in the car and he said his friend, whom he had dropped off, had been smoking the drug. Found in the car were 3.3 grams of marijuana and a pipe with a large amount of burnt residue.
· A 59-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving (with a prior conviction), after a witness reported seeing her backing in and out of driveways and blocking lanes in the 5200 block of West Donges Bay Road at 2 p.m. March 30. The woman, who failed field sobriety tests, said she only had two brandies. She was taken for a blood draw.
· A 48-year-old Mequon man was arrested for drunken driving, refusal to take a breath test and unsafe lane deviation in the 5000 block of West Mequon Road at 2:50 a.m. March 30. The man's vehicle was seen weaving. There was a strong odor of alcohol in the car. The man, who said he had "zero to drink," told police his passenger had been drinking. He failed field sobriety tests and the passenger had a BAC of 0.02.
· A 51-year-old Cedarburg man was arrested for disorderly conduct and a 26-year-old Brown Deer man were arrested for disorderly conduct, battery, following too close, improper parking on a highway and unacceptable horn blowing after a road-rage incident at West Highland and North Green Bay roads at 8:20 p.m. March 28.
· Three 19-year-old men — from Inver Grove Heights, Minn., Logan, Utah, and Waunakee — were arrested for underage drinking after police responded to a call of an intoxicated male at Wittenberg Dorm at Concordia College, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, at 12:38 a.m. March 30. The students admitted drinking and had preliminary BACs of 0.126, 0.137 and 0.237.
· A resident reported that a caller told her she'd won a Reader's Digest Prize at 8:45 a.m. April 3. She was told someone would be at her home by noon to give her the prize but she would need to pay $5,000. It was then she knew it was a scam and called police.
A cord of wood was taken from a residence in the 200 block of East Freistadt Road at about 4:36 p.m. April 4. Two suspect vehicles were seen at the home.
A 47-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct following a family dispute in the 400 block of Susan Lane at about 7:41 p.m. April 6. The man, who was intoxicated, was eventually taken to the Ozaukee County Jail after he continued to yell vulgarities at police, as they were walking him to a squad car, and at a hospital, where he was initially taken.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17
- Mequon/Thiensville police report for April 3
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 4