Mequon — Construction is under way on the Mequon Town Center, and more businesses are showing interest in joining the development.
The most recent tenant to be announced is Cafe Hollander, which will occupy a modern, two-story building at the northwest corner of Mequon and Cedarburg Roads. The development also features four other buildings, including a two-story commercial building and two four-story buildings with ground-level retail space and 28 high-end apartments. The former Towne Market Mobil gas station was relocated and renovated to the west end of the site provide a new home for the Howard J. Scroeder American Legion Post 457.
Cafe Hollander, which has locations on Milwaukee's East Side and in Wauwatosa, will be joined at the town center by Colectivo Coffee and Ruby Tap, a Wauwatosa wine bar expanding to its second location. Other town center tenants include Sola Salon, Health in Balance physical therapy, Elements Therapeutic Massage and Supercuts.
"We're very excited about the mix of tenants," said Blair Williams, owner of WIRED Properties, which is developing the property with Shaffer Development. "We have a nice combination of food and beverage, along with beauty and wellness. We really think this is going to be a new type of neighborhood for Mequon."
Excavation is completed on the north and east buildings, and Williams said construction on the buildings will begin soon.
"Over the next 60 days, those buildings will start going vertical," he said.
Williams said he expects to break ground on the south building along Mequon Road in the next 30 days, and work will begin on the restaurant building afterward. The project will be fully completed in the beginning of 2015, but many businesses will be open at the end of 2014, Williams said. There will be 141 outdoor parking spaces and 73 underground spaces serving the site, as well as shared parking with city-owned property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- Former Concordia business school dean is creating custom pocket squares
- Mequon police searching for bank robbery suspect
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore legislators discuss budget with Mequon-Thiensville School Board (1)
- Concordia University is first Wisconsin college to open an American Legion post
- U.S. Marshals arrest man who allegedly supplied heroin, cocaine to overdose victim in Mequon
- Rick Springfield to play Mequon's Gathering on the Green event