· An attempted burglary was reported after an alarm sounded in an office building in the 11600 block of North Port Washington Road at 8:40 p.m. Saturday, July 19. Police found signs of forced entry to both the building's common door and at least one office door. Handles for those doors were found outside. The suspects must have heard the alarm and fled before police arrived, and entry was not gained.
· A 24-carat gold ring and computer valued at more than $7,000 were taken from the 12200 block of North Willow Glen Court the evening of Saturday, July 19. The resident had a party that evening with 20 to 30 guests. The case is under investigation.
· A backpack and contents, including an iPhone, car keys and Ray Ban sunglasses valued at more than $400, were taken when left unattended in the field house at Homestead High School, 5000 W. Mequon Road, between 8:40 and 9:40 p.m. on Monday, July 21.
· An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana and along with a 16-year-old Milwaukee boy for possession of drug paraphernalia after a noise complaint at Best Western, 10330 N. Port Washington Road, at 12:37 a.m. on Saturday, July 19. The two were in the parking lot when police arrived. The man's car was searched and a grinder and pipe both with marijuana residue were found along with 1.6 grams of marijuana. The man denied the items were his, even though they were found in his car.
· Two Mequon males, ages 17 and 18, were arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and the 18-year-old also for reckless driving/endangering safety, driving left of center, non-registration and failure to notify police of an accident after his car was found in a ditch in the 12200 block of North Wauwatosa Road at 8:12 p.m. on Sunday, July 20. At first, the man denied driving but then admitted it. A K-9 officer was called to the scene and hit aggressively inside the car, where police found drug paraphernalia, including a grinder and pipe with marijuana residue in a backpack and in the trunk of the car along with dozens of rolls of toilet paper. One said it was to be used to decorate a wedding and both denied they were going to use it to toilet paper a residence.
· A 43-year-old Grafton woman was arrested for drunken driving after stopping her car in traffic in the 11100 block of North Industrial Drive at 3 a.m. on Monday, July 21. The woman lied to police twice, saying she was on her phone, then saying she was on her way to help a friend. Both were untrue. Her preliminary BAC was 0.20 and said she needed it taken again because she burped. Her final BAC was 0.15.
· A 20-year-old Brown Deer man and a 19-year-old Milwaukee man were arrested for damage to property after breaking windows of a building in the 6200 block of West Mequon Road at 7:40 p.m. on Sunday, July 20. The men said they were just looking at the building and denied the allegations.
· A 17-year-old Cedarburg boy was arrested for substantial battery and underage possession of tobacco and a 43-year-old Mequon man for causing harm to a child, the 17-year-old, after the two got into a fight in the 2600 block of West Highland Road at 11:40 p.m. on Monday, July 21. The man found the boy in the kitchen with his fiancé's daughter and told him he had to leave. The man said the boy became angry and hit him in the face and the boy said the man pushed him and he just protected himself. The man had a cut lip which required stitches.
· A Milwaukee woman and a Mequon man, both age 18, were arrested for underage drinking in Coburg Hall at Concordia University,12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 22. An open bottle of wine was recovered. They had BACs of 0.03 and 0.029.
· A burglary was reported in the 500 block of Park Crest Drive at 2:35 p.m. Thursday, July 24. The residents had been out doing errands and came home to find the front door broken and forced open. Police found the upstairs bedroom had been searched and personal items taken. A news release stated that, "No other homes in the area reported any thefts of break-ins." The residents are compiling a list of what was taken.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 16, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 9, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 28, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: August 7, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report, June 19, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 12
- Mequon Police Report: June 5
- Mequon Police Report: May 29
- Mequon/Thiensville Police Reports 5/4/2014
- Mequon Police Reports
- Police Report: April 17
- Police Reports: April 8