Mequon — Two Milwaukee men have been charged with distributing heroin in Mequon, and police are seeking information about a third suspect.
An undercover Ozaukee County Sheriff's Deputy purchased 9.5 grams of heroin from three suspects between June 3 and June 19 in Mequon. Officers attempted to arrest the suspects on June 19, but the suspects eluded officers.
Arrest warrants were obtained for two of the suspects: Matthew Brown, 28, of Milwaukee, and Justin Johnson, 26, of Milwaukee.
Brown was arrested by the Milwaukee Police Department on July 3, and Johnson was arrested by the Milwaukee Police Department on August 16. Brown is currently in custody at the Sheboygan County Jail and Johnson in the Ozaukee County Jail.
Brown has been charged with two counts of heroin delivery and three counts of heroin delivery as party to a crime.
Johnson has been charged with one count of heroin delivery and one count of heroin delivery as party to a crime.
The Ozaukee County Sheriff's Drug Task Force is attempting to identify a third suspect, pictured below. The task force is offering a $500 reward to the first person providing information leading to a confirmed identification of the suspect.
To submit a tip, visit the Ozaukee County Sheriff's website or text key word OZSO to 847411.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large medical office building proposed in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Concordia hosts theater, music presentations
- Service dog offers extra ears for hearing-impaired Mequon man
- Mequon tries to control Airbnb and other short-term rentals
- The Cheel in Thiensville resurrects historic turret on landmark building
- Greenfield man killed in single-vehicle crash in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Mequon adopts coyote response plan