Port Washington - A 20-year-old former Mequon man was sentenced Friday to 20 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl and infecting her with sexually transmitted diseases.
Saterus S. Glass, who now lives in Milwaukee, was sentenced to another 10 years for his part in two Mequon burglaries.
A jury convicted Glass in December of sexually assaulting the girl.
Ozaukee County Circuit Judge Tom R. Wolfgram also sentenced Glass to 15 years of extended supervision, meaning he could spend up to that amount of additional time in prison if he violates prison rules or commits any new crimes. Wolfgram also ordered Glass to serve 10 years of probation once he is released from prison.
He could have been sentenced up to 40 years in prison and 20 years of extended supervision.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Thiensville board mulls housing mix
- How the Mequon-Thiensville Historical Society is remaking itself in 21st-century style
- Thiensville likely to switch to recycling carts, bi-weekly pickup
- Thiensville to consider beer garden bid proposals
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Openings abound in spring elections