Sendik's Food Market will take over the Aurora Pharmacy space adjacent to the food store and build an addition behind it.
Owner Nick Balistreri and Eric Neumann of MSI General Corp. received approval for plans that will add 10,298 square feet to the store at 10930 N. Port Washington Road. The store currently is 45,205 square feet.
While pleased with the addition to the store, the Mequon Planning Commission last night objected to a proposal for spandrel, or opaque, windows that would replace existing clear windows at the pharmacy.
The floor plan for the addition calls for the placement of a walk-in cooler in the window area.
By a unanimous vote, the commission approved the proposal with the condition the clear glass windows remain.
Balistreri said after the meeting the start of construction depends on several factors, including the timing of the Aurora move from its present location to one north of the Sendik's store, and developing a new floor plan for the Sendik's store to allow for the clear glass windows.
He said he is hopeful the new space will be ready in January or February 2010.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Underage drinking hosts could get fined $2,500 in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- WWII veteran recalls German prison camp
- Mequon-Thiensville residents authorize land sale
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Referendum among proposed solutions to school district's financial woes
- Mequon Police Report: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- Cafe Hollander will anchor Mequon Town Center
- North Shore Police Report: June 19