Sendik's Food Market will take over the Aurora Pharmacy space adjacent to the food store and build an addition behind it.
Owner Nick Balistreri and Eric Neumann of MSI General Corp. received approval for plans that will add 10,298 square feet to the store at 10930 N. Port Washington Road. The store currently is 45,205 square feet.
While pleased with the addition to the store, the Mequon Planning Commission last night objected to a proposal for spandrel, or opaque, windows that would replace existing clear windows at the pharmacy.
The floor plan for the addition calls for the placement of a walk-in cooler in the window area.
By a unanimous vote, the commission approved the proposal with the condition the clear glass windows remain.
Balistreri said after the meeting the start of construction depends on several factors, including the timing of the Aurora move from its present location to one north of the Sendik's store, and developing a new floor plan for the Sendik's store to allow for the clear glass windows.
He said he is hopeful the new space will be ready in January or February 2010.
- Man charged with theft at Willowbrook Place waives hearing and not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting a fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.
- Thiensville Village Market begins June 14
- Thiensville Village Wide Rummage Sale to be held June 18