Fox Point — A preliminary hearing is set for Friday for a 28-year-old Milwaukee man charged with first-degree reckless homicide for allegedly providing a heroin to a man who died of a drug overdose more than two years ago.
Isaac Joseph Sprotte faces up to 40 years in prison and/or a $100,000 fine if convicted in connection with the December 2006 death of James Buley.
According to the criminal complaint filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court last month:
Lori Buley, the mother of the 23-year-old victim found her son unresponsive and unconscious on his bed at their Fox Point home around 7 a.m. on Dec. 28, 2006. A rescue squad unsuccessfully attempted to revived him, and he was pronounced dead at 8:03 a.m. The cause of death was determined to be heroin intoxication.
On Jan. 10, 2007, a confidential source informed a Milwaukee police that Sprotte obtained heroin for James Buley on the night of his death. In a subsequent interview with Fox Point police, the source said Sprotte admitted he had given half a gram of heroin to James Buley. Further investigation established that the victim had been with Sprotte on the evening of Dec. 27
Lori Buley told police her son was a recovering drug addict living in Nashville who returned home for two weeks. He was scheduled to return to Nashville the day he died.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon seeks coyote solutions
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Mequon scout builds 20 benches for city parks
- Homestead High School athletic pavilion would be named after Sommer's Subaru
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon cancer survivor honored with Concordia scholarship
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin plans new Mequon clinic
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 12, 2015