No suspects were in custody Thursday night in connection with the robbery earlier in the day of Bank Mutual in Mequon, the second bank robbery this week in Ozaukee County.
The robbery was reported at 2:07 p.m. at the bank, 11249 N. Port Washington Road, according to a news release from the Mequon Police Department.
According to the release, a man with a stocky build wearing baggy blue jeans and armed with a "long gun" robbed the bank of an undisclosed amount of money.
The release did not indicate whether the robbery was connected to a bank robbery earlier this week at the Commerce State Bank in Cedarburg.
But Cedarburg Police Chief Tom Frank said late Thursday that there were no indications the two robberies were connected.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- District faces money woes
- News & Notes: April 9
- Ash borer hits Mequon trees
- Density a hot topic in Mequon subdivision proposal
- Modern restaurant will anchor Mequon Town Center
- Mequon, Weickardt reach deal on River Club subdivision