No suspects were in custody Thursday night in connection with the robbery earlier in the day of Bank Mutual in Mequon, the second bank robbery this week in Ozaukee County.
The robbery was reported at 2:07 p.m. at the bank, 11249 N. Port Washington Road, according to a news release from the Mequon Police Department.
According to the release, a man with a stocky build wearing baggy blue jeans and armed with a "long gun" robbed the bank of an undisclosed amount of money.
The release did not indicate whether the robbery was connected to a bank robbery earlier this week at the Commerce State Bank in Cedarburg.
But Cedarburg Police Chief Tom Frank said late Thursday that there were no indications the two robberies were connected.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 19, 2015
- Candidates for Mequon City Council focus on commercial, residential development
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Sarah Chudnow Community offers a variety of programming for April
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Homestead High School reverses decision to restructure final exams
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015