No suspects were in custody Thursday night in connection with the robbery earlier in the day of Bank Mutual in Mequon, the second bank robbery this week in Ozaukee County.
The robbery was reported at 2:07 p.m. at the bank, 11249 N. Port Washington Road, according to a news release from the Mequon Police Department.
According to the release, a man with a stocky build wearing baggy blue jeans and armed with a "long gun" robbed the bank of an undisclosed amount of money.
The release did not indicate whether the robbery was connected to a bank robbery earlier this week at the Commerce State Bank in Cedarburg.
But Cedarburg Police Chief Tom Frank said late Thursday that there were no indications the two robberies were connected.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead alum remembered after tragic plane crash
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Lake Shore Middle School earns blue ribbon award
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- Mequon Town Center coming to life
- Sculpture celebrates nature along Mequon's River Walk
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville 4K enrollment higher than expected