No suspects were in custody Thursday night in connection with the robbery earlier in the day of Bank Mutual in Mequon, the second bank robbery this week in Ozaukee County.
The robbery was reported at 2:07 p.m. at the bank, 11249 N. Port Washington Road, according to a news release from the Mequon Police Department.
According to the release, a man with a stocky build wearing baggy blue jeans and armed with a "long gun" robbed the bank of an undisclosed amount of money.
The release did not indicate whether the robbery was connected to a bank robbery earlier this week at the Commerce State Bank in Cedarburg.
But Cedarburg Police Chief Tom Frank said late Thursday that there were no indications the two robberies were connected.
- Man charged with theft at Willowbrook Place waives hearing and not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting a fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.
- Thiensville Village Market begins June 14
- Thiensville Village Wide Rummage Sale to be held June 18