Newcomer Nancy Anderson will run for the 8th District seat on the Mequon Common Council in the April 3 election. The seat is now held by longtime council member Pam Adams. Adams has filed a notice of candidacy but has not filed nomination papers.
Anderson, 52, lives with her family at 119 W. Ravine Court. She has been active in a number of community groups over the past 20 years including the Mequon Thiensville Education Foundation. She recently was the co-chairman of the Community Conversation Task Force.
She earned B.A. in accounting at the University of Iowa. She is also a certified public accountant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon seeks coyote solutions
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Mequon scout builds 20 benches for city parks
- Homestead High School athletic pavilion would be named after Sommer's Subaru
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon cancer survivor honored with Concordia scholarship
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin plans new Mequon clinic
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 12, 2015