Newcomer Nancy Anderson will run for the 8th District seat on the Mequon Common Council in the April 3 election. The seat is now held by longtime council member Pam Adams. Adams has filed a notice of candidacy but has not filed nomination papers.
Anderson, 52, lives with her family at 119 W. Ravine Court. She has been active in a number of community groups over the past 20 years including the Mequon Thiensville Education Foundation. She recently was the co-chairman of the Community Conversation Task Force.
She earned B.A. in accounting at the University of Iowa. She is also a certified public accountant.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon Planning Commission gridlocks on new River Club subdivision proposal
- News & Notes: March 5
- New blood guaranteed on Mequon Common Council
- ELECTION 2014: Three compete for two seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Thiensville's proposed beer garden folds for a second straight year
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- Mequon-Thiensville board split on expanding communications director position
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board criticizes Legislature, advocates local control