Kim Beck is running for Thiensville trustee April 3. He currently serves on the Thiensville Plan Commission and has never run for elected office.
Beck, 56, is the director of arts, humanities and science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education.
He holds a bachelor's degree in philosophy from St. John's University, Collegeville, Minn., and two master's degrees: one in humanities from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and another in theater and drama from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Beck also is a recent graduate of Leadership Wisconsin, a two-year program focusing on development of leaders to strengthen local communities.
He lives with his wife, Pamela, and son at 501 Heidel Road.
People interested in running for village president or trustee have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,800 per year; village president also serves a three-year term, earning $3,600 per year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Concordia hosts theater, music presentations
- Service dog offers extra ears for hearing-impaired Mequon man
- Mequon tries to control Airbnb and other short-term rentals
- The Cheel in Thiensville resurrects historic turret on landmark building
- Greenfield man killed in single-vehicle crash in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Mequon adopts coyote response plan
- Falafel Guys food truck to open restaurant in Thiensville (5)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015