Kim Beck is running for Thiensville trustee April 3. He currently serves on the Thiensville Plan Commission and has never run for elected office.
Beck, 56, is the director of arts, humanities and science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education.
He holds a bachelor's degree in philosophy from St. John's University, Collegeville, Minn., and two master's degrees: one in humanities from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and another in theater and drama from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Beck also is a recent graduate of Leadership Wisconsin, a two-year program focusing on development of leaders to strengthen local communities.
He lives with his wife, Pamela, and son at 501 Heidel Road.
People interested in running for village president or trustee have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,800 per year; village president also serves a three-year term, earning $3,600 per year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon seeks to develop 13 acres in town center district
- Thiensville apartment developer agrees to consider smaller condominium development
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon police chief responds to strip search allegations
- Mequon home tour displays innovative features
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 9, 2015