Kim Beck is running for Thiensville trustee April 3. He currently serves on the Thiensville Plan Commission and has never run for elected office.
Beck, 56, is the director of arts, humanities and science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education.
He holds a bachelor's degree in philosophy from St. John's University, Collegeville, Minn., and two master's degrees: one in humanities from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and another in theater and drama from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Beck also is a recent graduate of Leadership Wisconsin, a two-year program focusing on development of leaders to strengthen local communities.
He lives with his wife, Pamela, and son at 501 Heidel Road.
People interested in running for village president or trustee have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,800 per year; village president also serves a three-year term, earning $3,600 per year.
- Get a pool preview June 4 and 5 in Mequon
- 2016 Bicycle Fest coming to Thiensville June 4
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17