Kim Beck is running for Thiensville trustee April 3. He currently serves on the Thiensville Plan Commission and has never run for elected office.
Beck, 56, is the director of arts, humanities and science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education.
He holds a bachelor's degree in philosophy from St. John's University, Collegeville, Minn., and two master's degrees: one in humanities from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh and another in theater and drama from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Beck also is a recent graduate of Leadership Wisconsin, a two-year program focusing on development of leaders to strengthen local communities.
He lives with his wife, Pamela, and son at 501 Heidel Road.
People interested in running for village president or trustee have until Jan. 3 to file their candidacy paperwork, which they can obtain at Village Hall.
Trustees serve three-year terms and earn $1,800 per year; village president also serves a three-year term, earning $3,600 per year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University is first Wisconsin college to open an American Legion post
- U.S. Marshals arrest man who allegedly supplied heroin, cocaine to overdose victim in Mequon
- Rick Springfield to play Mequon's Gathering on the Green event
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 9, 2015
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside (1)
- Incumbent Pam Adams wins reelection in Mequon
- Informal exit poll shows Mequon-Thiensville voters support $18.2 million referendum
- MyYoMy frozen yogurt will replace Red Mango