The Estabrook Beer Garden will open tomorrow at 6 p.m. with a ceremonial beer tapping, live Polka music, and free samples.
The garden is between Hampton Ave. and Capitol Dr. on Estabrook Parkway overlooking the Milwaukee River, and is part of an effort to revive the traditional Milwaukee beer garden scene from the late 1800s.
"Beer gardens offer an opportunity for people from all walks of life to relax and enjoy a beer in a beautiful park setting with friends and family," said Hans Weissgerber III, Managing Director of Old German Beer Hall in a news release.
AT A GLANCE
When: 6-8:30 p.m. June 20
Where: 4610 Estabrook Parkway
Cost: $5 to reserve a glass stein; $6 half-liter and $11 liter import beers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University is first Wisconsin college to open an American Legion post
- U.S. Marshals arrest man who allegedly supplied heroin, cocaine to overdose victim in Mequon
- Rick Springfield to play Mequon's Gathering on the Green event
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: April 9, 2015
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside (1)
- Incumbent Pam Adams wins reelection in Mequon
- Informal exit poll shows Mequon-Thiensville voters support $18.2 million referendum
- MyYoMy frozen yogurt will replace Red Mango