The Estabrook Beer Garden will open tomorrow at 6 p.m. with a ceremonial beer tapping, live Polka music, and free samples.
The garden is between Hampton Ave. and Capitol Dr. on Estabrook Parkway overlooking the Milwaukee River, and is part of an effort to revive the traditional Milwaukee beer garden scene from the late 1800s.
"Beer gardens offer an opportunity for people from all walks of life to relax and enjoy a beer in a beautiful park setting with friends and family," said Hans Weissgerber III, Managing Director of Old German Beer Hall in a news release.
AT A GLANCE
When: 6-8:30 p.m. June 20
Where: 4610 Estabrook Parkway
Cost: $5 to reserve a glass stein; $6 half-liter and $11 liter import beers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Mequon works toward coyote management plan (8)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Mequon assesses homeowners for new sewer service
- Mequon is thinking about regulating short-term home rentals (1)
- Centennial Bar and Grille closes, makes room for new Sobelman's in Mequon
- Developer buys 112 acres of Mequon-Thiensville School District property for $2.9 million
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: June 11, 2015