The Estabrook Beer Garden will open tomorrow at 6 p.m. with a ceremonial beer tapping, live Polka music, and free samples.
The garden is between Hampton Ave. and Capitol Dr. on Estabrook Parkway overlooking the Milwaukee River, and is part of an effort to revive the traditional Milwaukee beer garden scene from the late 1800s.
"Beer gardens offer an opportunity for people from all walks of life to relax and enjoy a beer in a beautiful park setting with friends and family," said Hans Weissgerber III, Managing Director of Old German Beer Hall in a news release.
AT A GLANCE
When: 6-8:30 p.m. June 20
Where: 4610 Estabrook Parkway
Cost: $5 to reserve a glass stein; $6 half-liter and $11 liter import beers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon council votes down subdivision proposal at Oldenburg Farm
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Apartment building, assisted living center approved in Mequon
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016