Brown Deer Police officers responded to a report of a suspicious device that was located in vacant residence in the 9000 block of North Brandybrook Trail at 8:17 this morning.
According to a news release, a safe perimeter was established by evacuating a limited number of residential homes and condominium units in the immediate area. The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad was contacted and rendered the device safe.
It appears at this time to be a hoax device. Area residents were allowed to return to their residences once the device was deemed safe.
At this time an investigation is ongoing to determine the origin of the device.
There were no injuries that occurred as a result of this incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cracking the Medicare mystery
- News & Notes: May 22
- Majority of Homestead students like trimester schedule
- Crime decreases in Thiensville in 2012
- Mequon-Thiensville to teach updated human growth curriculum
- Police Report: May 21
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board to draft letter to state on budget issues
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Zganjar elected president of Mequon Common Council