Brown Deer - Village Manager Russell Van Gompel will take over as City Manger of Eau Claire with a tentative start date of Nov. 5, according to a city of Eau Claire news release.
The Eau Claire City Council will vote on an employment contact at its Aug. 14 meeting, after which Van Gompel expects to turn in his resignation with the village.
Van Gompel said that the village will convene a personnel committee meeting on Aug. 14 to begin forming a timeline and process for his replacement, and that the Village Board would need to approve an early November start date, given that his resignation would occur slightly within the 90-day window prescribed by the village.
"I'm going to be asking the board to authorize that," said Van Gompel.
The personnel committee will likely make recommendations regarding Van Gompel's replacement to the Village Board, which will meet on Aug. 20 and potentially approve a hiring plan.
Van Gompel said that, after his 14 years with the village, he'll remember most the bonds he's formed with other village employees.
"It's been a long time," said Van Gompel. "I'm going to miss those relationships."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large medical office building proposed in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Concordia hosts theater, music presentations
- Service dog offers extra ears for hearing-impaired Mequon man
- Mequon tries to control Airbnb and other short-term rentals
- The Cheel in Thiensville resurrects historic turret on landmark building
- Greenfield man killed in single-vehicle crash in Mequon
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Mequon adopts coyote response plan