A 15-year-old Brown Deer boy was taken to a local hospital for non life threatening injuries after he was struck by a car around 7 a.m. today.
According to police, the boy was crossing North 60th Street in the crosswalk at West Tower Avenue when a car driven by a 49-year-old Milwaukee woman struck the boy. The woman, who was driving north on 60th Street told police she did not see the boy. The boy was walking to Brown Deer High School where he is a student.
The pedestrian sustained non-life threatening injuries, including a possible broken leg, and was transported by North Shore Fire Department ambulance to a local area hospital. The parents of the pedestrian were notified.
The vehicle, a 2007 Honda, sustained minor damage and the driver was not injured. The driver was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk and released from the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Delivery man cited for swearing when woman asks him to move his truck
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Mequon named top K-12 district in state
- Campus Colors sports new Mequon storefront
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Mequon cracks down on underage party hosts
- Mequon may allow chickens on smaller lots
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014