The Mequon Planning Commission approved a conceptual plan for a single-family home and condominium development for Wauwatosa Road at its Sept. 22 meeting.
Insight Development would build 12 single-family homes and 39 condominiums on the 51-acre site at 10729-10845 N. Wauwatosa Road. Two existing single-family homes would remain as part of the Orchard Glen development.
The concept calls for single-family homes closer to Wauwatosa Road with the condos located on the western edge of the property.
Assistant Director of Community Development Jac Zader said the site could be rezoned as a planned-unit development, with a transfer of development rights from the adjoining Lemke farm. Under a TDR agreement, Insight Development would pay for the development rights at the farm, where city staff estimates 39 housing units could be built if the land were developed.
The development rights would be credited to Insight, which would then transfer them for use at Orchard Glen, allowing it to be developed at the density suggested in the concept plan, which is about one unit per acre. The current zoning allows a maximum density of one unit per five acres.
The Lemke farm would then remain as undeveloped farmland. The Open Space Committee is reviewing the TDR plan as it applies to the farm.
The city would request Insight Development add some undulation to a main street in the development, rather than a straight line.
Insight Development will return at a later date with a preliminary plat for the subdivision.
Mary Buckley can be reached at (262) 446-6615.
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- NOW's user submitted stories, photos will be discontinued in early August
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016