Homestead tightens school access after alleged assaults
New rules to go into effect Tuesday
In the wake of charges that two members of the Homestead High School football team sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl inside the school, officials announced stricter rules regarding after-hours activity in the building.
In a letter to parents, school Principal Brett Bowers said that beginning Tuesday, the doors of the academic wing of the school will be closed and locked at 3:30 p.m., and students will have to leave unless they are involved in a meeting or other gathering.
Supervisors then will sweep the hallways and require students to leave. Unauthorized students found in the building after 3:30 p.m. will be issued a municipal citation for "unauthorized presence on school property."
In his letter, Bowers said the changes are designed to make the school "the safest place it can be both during and after school hours."
Brent Anderson and Deangelo Dantzler, both 18, were charged Friday with sexual assault of a child under 16. Both are from Mequon.
The incident took place on the campus Nov. 3.
In the criminal complaint, the 14-year-old girl admitted to a school liaison officer that she had sexual activity with both Anderson and Dantzler in an open practice room at the school.
She said Anderson offered her a drink out of a can and that she recognized it was an alcoholic beverage.
She also said she had sexual activity with a third student, a 15-year-old boy, according to the complaint.
- Man charged with theft at Willowbrook Place waives hearing and not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting a fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.