The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will be hosting informational meetings next week about an upcoming project which may result in the full reconstruction and redesign of the I-43 corridor, according to a DOT news release.
The first meeting will take place between 4-8 p.m. at Mequon City Hall on Aug. 7, and the second at Nicolet High School between 4-8 p.m. on Aug. 8.
The Federal Highway Administration and DOT will compile an Environmental Impact Statement after evaluating the 14 mile stretch of I-43 between Silver Spring Drive and Wisconsin Highway 60, as well as interchanges and arterial roads in Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties.
The EIS is scheduled for release in 2014, and construction has a tentative start date of 2020 or beyond, according to DOT documentation.
For additional information, residents can contact Project Manager Steve Hoff at (262) 548-6718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get a pool preview June 4 and 5 in Mequon
- 2016 Bicycle Fest coming to Thiensville June 4
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17