The Wisconsin Department of Transportation will be hosting informational meetings next week about an upcoming project which may result in the full reconstruction and redesign of the I-43 corridor, according to a DOT news release.
The first meeting will take place between 4-8 p.m. at Mequon City Hall on Aug. 7, and the second at Nicolet High School between 4-8 p.m. on Aug. 8.
The Federal Highway Administration and DOT will compile an Environmental Impact Statement after evaluating the 14 mile stretch of I-43 between Silver Spring Drive and Wisconsin Highway 60, as well as interchanges and arterial roads in Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties.
The EIS is scheduled for release in 2014, and construction has a tentative start date of 2020 or beyond, according to DOT documentation.
For additional information, residents can contact Project Manager Steve Hoff at (262) 548-6718 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 5
- New blood guaranteed on Mequon Common Council
- ELECTION 2014: Three compete for two seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board
- Thiensville's proposed beer garden folds for a second straight year
- Police report: March 4
- Police report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- Mequon-Thiensville board split on expanding communications director position
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board criticizes Legislature, advocates local control
- News & Notes: Feb. 25