North Shore Fire Department crews inadvertently discovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide at the Sprecher Brewery in Glendale while tending to an employee injured by several falling kegs.
According to an NSFD news release:
Bayside dispatch received a call at 4:05 p.m. yesterday requesting an ambulance for an employee who had been injured by several falling kegs.
While tending to the employee, a carbon monoxide warning device attached to a medical kit sounded, indicating elevated carbon monoxide levels. Crews on scene retrieved additional meters from the fire engine, finding readings as high as 120 parts per million (ppm) throughout areas of the structure.
The brewery was evacuated and ventilated. No employees complained of symptoms or requested evaluation from NSFD crews.
The source of the carbon monoxide was determined to be a forklift. NSFD advised brewery representatives not to use the forklift within the structure.
- Man charged with theft at Willowbrook Place waives hearing and not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting a fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.
- Thiensville Village Market begins June 14
- Thiensville Village Wide Rummage Sale to be held June 18