A man, his wife and son were cited for obstruction for lying to police about an accident the boy had that caused a tree to hit a neighboring house.
According to the Glendale police report:
The 15-year-old boy lost control of the car while pulling out of his driveway and drove onto a neighbor's yard knocking over two trees, one of them hitting the house, in the 1800 block of West Wayside Drive about 7 p.m. Oct. 9.
The woman, 55, said she was in the car with the boy who had a learner's permit.
The boy and his father, 53, told the same story. However, the boy did not have a permit and the woman was not in the car.
The father was also cited for permitting an unauthorized driver to drive and the boy was cited for driving without a valid license.
The father said he would pay for damage, which were not listed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon seeks coyote solutions
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Mequon scout builds 20 benches for city parks
- Homestead High School athletic pavilion would be named after Sommer's Subaru
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 19, 2015
- Mequon cancer survivor honored with Concordia scholarship
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin plans new Mequon clinic
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: Feb. 12, 2015