Glendale-River Hills School Board denies residents' request to join Maple Dale-Indian Hill district
Citing concerns about setting a precedent, the Glendale-River Hills School Board on Monday voted to deny five petitioners' requests to secede from the K-8 district and join the Maple Dale-Indian Hill district.
The petitioners live in the 400 and 500 blocks of West Calumet Road on the south side of the street in the city of Glendale. The residents requested the boundary changes in an effort to keep the entire neighborhood consistent. Residents on the north side of Calumet are within Maple Dale-Indian Hill's boundaries, based on a map drawn up in the 1950s.
Glendale-River Hills board members gave a number of reasons for their denial, including an adverse financial impact on the district and the potential for setting a precedent. There are other streets throughout the Nicolet community that are split between K-8 feeder districts.
Had the Glendale-River Hills board approved the petition, the issue would have gone on to the Maple-Dale Indian Hill School Board later this week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet and greet the Mequon-Thiensville School Board candidates Feb. 10
- Parents, Mequon Thiensville school district officials search for solutions for overcrowded schools
- Master Greg Chay talks discipline, respect at new Mequon Chay's Tae Kwon Do location
- Homestead High School threat suspect reportedly no longer in Mequon-Thiensville district
- A $15,000 reward is now being offered to help find missing Mequon woman
- Overnight parking permission may now be sought online in Thiensville
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Prank call reported alleged shooting prompts closure of Range Line Road, three schools Jan. 25
- Prank call about shooting sends 3 Mequon schools into 'lock down' mode
- Huey Lewis coming to Mequon's Gathering on the Green festival (2)