The Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department will provide an interim police chief for Thiensville following the retirement of current Chief Richard Preston on March 13.
The Village Board discussed an interim replacement in closed session last night and decided to contract with the Sheriff's Department. The interim chief will not be a candidate for the position, Village Manager Dianne Robertson said.
The village received 30 applications for the position and has narrowed the field to six applicants. Interviews with the Village Board will take place March 15 and 16.
The interim chief will likely fill the position for a month or two, she said. She will work out an hourly pay with the sheriff, Robertson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cracking the Medicare mystery
- News & Notes: May 22
- Majority of Homestead students like trimester schedule
- Crime decreases in Thiensville in 2012
- Mequon-Thiensville to teach updated human growth curriculum
- Police Report: May 21
- Mequon-Thiensville School Board to draft letter to state on budget issues
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Zganjar elected president of Mequon Common Council