Maple Dale-Indian Hill school officials met Wednesday and discussed the district's proposed 2012-13 budget of about $9.3 million.
The district will be entering the fourth year of a 10-year referendum cycle that infuses $800,000 of additional taxpayer money - beyond the state-mandated levy limits - into Maple Dale-Indian Hill's general operating budget.
While the district has been able to store away some of that money in the fund balance reserves, the amount is less than the annual $400,000 that had been earmarked. Business Administrator Gary Swalve has attributed the decline in fund balance contributions to a drop in recent years in state aid.
Swalve will present a draft version of the 2012-13 budget at Maple Dale-Indian Hill's annual meeting, set for 7 p.m. July 11 at Maple Dale School, 8377 N. Port Washington Road.
Maple Dale-Indian Hill encompasses portions of Bayside, Fox Point, Glendale and River Hills. Residents within the district's boundaries will have an opportunity to vote on a proposed property tax levy at the meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon seeks to develop 13 acres in town center district
- Thiensville apartment developer agrees to consider smaller condominium development
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon police chief responds to strip search allegations
- Mequon home tour displays innovative features
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Juggling multiple new projects, Rick Springfield returns to Mequon for Gathering on the Green
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 2, 2015