Mequon — The Mequon-Thiensville School District today is celebrating its recent successes in the eyes of the state Department of Public Instruction and national media.
Mequon-Thiensville ranked first among K-12 districts statewide in DPI report cards issued in August, as a whole falling into the "significantly exceeds expectations" score range. In September, an online article by Forbes magazine ranked Mequon-Thiensville third nationwide in a list of "best schools for your housing buck." Mequon-Thiensville was the highest ranked of six Wisconsin school districts in the list of 20 districts.
Each of the district's six schools is congratulating teachers and students today in a unique way, according to a district news release.
"The achievement is an outstanding organizational accomplishment in which the entire Mequon-Thiensville community should take pride," Superintendent Demond Means said in the release.
The public is invited to a celebration tonight at 5:30 p.m. at the Range Line Conference Room, 11040 North Range Line Road. A presentation at 6 p.m. will include congratulatory videos from state Superintendent Tony Evers and Gov. Scott Walker.
- Get a pool preview June 4 and 5 in Mequon
- 2016 Bicycle Fest coming to Thiensville June 4
- Bethesda students graduate with gratitude
- Missing Mequon woman Jacquelyn Ranallo found dead in Milwaukee River
- Steffen students earn first place in math competition
- Lake Shore and Steffen students awarded top honors at music festival
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, May 19, 2016
- Memories in the Making Art Showcase to be held May 17