Mequon — The Mequon-Thiensville School District today is celebrating its recent successes in the eyes of the state Department of Public Instruction and national media.
Mequon-Thiensville ranked first among K-12 districts statewide in DPI report cards issued in August, as a whole falling into the "significantly exceeds expectations" score range. In September, an online article by Forbes magazine ranked Mequon-Thiensville third nationwide in a list of "best schools for your housing buck." Mequon-Thiensville was the highest ranked of six Wisconsin school districts in the list of 20 districts.
Each of the district's six schools is congratulating teachers and students today in a unique way, according to a district news release.
"The achievement is an outstanding organizational accomplishment in which the entire Mequon-Thiensville community should take pride," Superintendent Demond Means said in the release.
The public is invited to a celebration tonight at 5:30 p.m. at the Range Line Conference Room, 11040 North Range Line Road. A presentation at 6 p.m. will include congratulatory videos from state Superintendent Tony Evers and Gov. Scott Walker.
- Man charged with theft at Willowbrook Place waives hearing and not guilty plea
- Oriole Lane condominiums come up again and pass in Mequon
- Worker charged with stealing from senior living community residents
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Frebeka 5 health challenge to be held in Mequon June 26
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Mequon indoor shooting range targeting a fall opening
- Cafe Hollander in Mequon to stay open until 2 a.m.
- Thiensville Village Market begins June 14
- Thiensville Village Wide Rummage Sale to be held June 18