· About $240 in cash, three bottles of beer, three packages of cigarettes and two MP3 players valued at $185 were taken from the 2400 block of W. Plum Tree Court between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. June 2. The resident got up about 7:30 and found both a garage and laundry room door open; both were closed the night before.
· The theft of 16 scratch Vegas Tickets valued at $320 was reported at Kwik Trip, 10360 N. Cedarburg Road, about 9:12 p.m. May 29. A male was in the store appearing to be shopping when he went to the counter, grabbed the tickets from the dispenser and fled.
· A gas station manager was notified by the bank that a $530 deposit was never received from Mequon BP, 11155 N. Wauwatosa Road at 11 a.m. May 30. Surveillance video identified an employee as the last person to have possession of the deposit and he has not "shown up" for work since that date but did call recently saying he had not received his paycheck. The case is under investigation.
· A 42-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft and felony bail jumping after taking 17 bottles of vodka including Grey Goose, Ciroc and Absolut valued at more than $500 in three separate incidents at Piggly Wiggly, 6111 W. Mequon Road, June 2. The man first entered the store at 9:50 a.m., taking from five to seven bottles and leaving. He returned about 10 minutes later, taking more vodka and again left. Surveillance video was viewed and the man identified so when he returned about 3 p.m. and was seen putting bottles of vodka both in his jacket and his pants, he was stopped and arrested. Police are looking for a woman who drove the car the man arrived in.
· A 34-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a taser/stun gun without a permit and a warrant after being stopped for an obstructed license plate in the 5400 block of W. Mequon Road at 1:45 a.m. June 2. The woman had 1.8 grams of marijuana, a pipe with marijuana residue and the stun gun listed as having 950,000 volts. She said that gun belonged to her former boyfriend, a security guard.
· A 19-year-old Mequon man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after he was stopped for a loud exhaust in the 1100 block of W. Donges Bay Road at 11:24 p.m. June 2. K-9 Officer Vero came to the scene and hit aggressively inside the car where a glass pipe with residue was found.
· Four 19-year-old men and an 18-year-old man, all of Sheboygan County, were arrested for underage drinking after a report of possible underage drinkers in a van at McDonald's, 11250 N. Port Washington, about 5:30 p.m. May 30. Open beer was found in the van and the men, who all admitted drinking, had preliminary blood alcohol level of 0.31 to 0.73. The driver had not been drinking.
Operating while intoxicated
· At 2:17 a.m. on Saturday, June 7, an officer observed a driver pass his location in the 400 block of North Main operating at a high rate of speed. The vehicle was stopped and contact was made with a 30-year-old Milwaukee woman. The officer saw that her shirt was ripped and could smell an odor of an alcoholic beverage on the breath of the driver. She said she was lost and coming from an address in Milwaukee. She also said that she was in a fight in Milwaukee prior to the traffic stop. She was asked to perform several field sobriety tests. She had difficulty exiting the vehicle and standing. She failed all the tests given to her. Her initial breath screening test had the results of 0.18 BAC. She was taken into custody for operating while under the influence. Due to her injuries, she was transported to St. Mary's for a medical exam and a legal blood draw. The results of the blood test were not back as of the time of this report.
Recovery of a stolen vehicle
· At 2:54 p.m. on Monday, June 9, an officer was operating radar in the 600 block of Green Bay, when a vehicle heading northbound on Green Bay Road matched a description of a vehicle reported as stolen from the City of Cedarburg earlier in the day. The license plate and the vehicle came back through Department of Transportation files as stolen. The vehicle was stopped with the assistance of the Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department. The operator of the vehicle, a 17-year-old Mequon youth, was taken into custody and turned over to the Cedarburg Police Department. The vehicle, a 1999 Audi, was returned to the owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 15, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 10, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Report: July 30
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 16, 2015